MELBOURNE's BEST VALUE WEB DESIGN
- your own website with search engine optimisation and
submission, up and running within 7 days, from only
CUSTOM WEB SITE DESIGN
- As you can you can see from the examples we don't use templates -
your website is as unique as you are!
- Custom design
websites, developed especially to suit your business
- Content Management
websites to empower you to make changes
- E-commerce solutions to sell online (checkout
systems integrated with payment gateway and shipping
marketing content to get your visitors to buy from you
- Search engine optimisation and
WHAT DETERMINES THE COST
OF A WEBSITE?
- the size of the
project (number of pages, number of photos)
- the calibre
of the design (static graphics vs animations or videos and
- the functionality requirements (forms, payments, content
management, galleries, blogs, chatrooms, newsletter systems,
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE NEED TO GET
- the domain name to
register (or - if you have a domain and hosting already arranged - access info)
- branding info - any
logos or graphic headers, or instructions to create them
- marketing info - slogans, headlines, 3 good reasons why you are
the best, profile of clients you want to attract
- structure - number of pages-subpages
- functionality - for both the visitor (eg. forms, payments) and
yourself (eg. admin console to make changes, send newsletters,
- content - the wording and images for the pages (if available - otherwise we can create).
TEN STEPS TO CONQUER THE NET
- Setting objectives - what do
you want your website to do?
- Designing a website - how do you want it to look?
- Creating the content - how will you make them buy?
- Domain name registration - best name for your business
- Publishing and hosting - low cost solutions to your needs
- Search engine optimisation - driving the traffic to your
- Advertising on the Net - getting more traffic at low cost
- Shopping carts and payment gateways
- Converting visitors to buyers - making them buy
- Converting buyers into customers - making them come back
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE
ABOUT MAKING MONEY ONLINE? OR ABOUT SELLING IN PRINT?
Click on the images to preview the best books and courses on the
Setting Objectives for Your Website
For any activity to be undertaken in business
(profitably), it must result in either (1)
sales/revenue growth, or (2) cost reduction. If the
activity cannot deliver one of those, it should not
If you can agree with those principles, please
The same scrutiny should obviously apply to any
activity undertaken on the internet. For most
businesses, the objective of their first website is to
reduce marketing costs: when a customer calls with
an enquiry, instead of sending out a catalogue or
arranging a meeting to present their product, they
can simply refer them to the information on their
If this is the only objective, then the website
is not designed to bring in new business, in the
form of generating prospects and leads for the
company; its role is simply to provide credibility
and a very cheap way to distribute information about
the products and services offered.
Once this objective is made clear, there is no
need for features such as search engine optimisation
and internet advertising, some of which can be very
expensive. In this scenario the business can save a
lot of unnecessary expense simply by being clear
about the project's objectives.
Obviously, if the business still wants to attract
new customers, it will need to use off-line forms of
lead generation, such as traditional advertising.
While focussing exclusively on cost-reduction
objective will usually deliver significant cost
savings, it will not make you rich. The way to make
millions on the internet is to use it for what it
was meant to be used – to generate new business.
This is what we mean by conquering the online world.
Every day hundreds of millions of people log on
the web in search of goods and services. Whatever it
is that your business is offering, there will be
thousands of qualified prospects looking for it 24
hours every day. Unfortunately, there will also be
thousands (if not millions) of your competitors
trying to sell to them too. How do you stay ahead?
Well, a good first step is to decide to use a
professional web design company, rather the
schoolkid next door. As long as you are clear on the
objectives you want to achieve, the professional
will be able to advise how can they be achieved in
the most cost efficient manner.
The Trinity of making money on the internet:
- Attract Visitors to the website
- Convert Visitors to Enquirers
- Convert Enquirers to Customers
- Let Google see your website
- Submit to the Index
- Ensure content is visible to search engines
(do not embed wording in images or flash to
achieve a cosmetic effect to the detriment of
- search engine friendly navigation (refrain
from using fancy navigation techniques that
google can't follow; or alternatively duplicate
the navigation to the important pages).
Google ranking for specific phrases - Keyword
- Define the keywords for the customer you
want to attract
- Narrow down as much as possible (eg. suburb
rather than state)
- Test and measure (google adwords are
excellent for testing)
Important - DO NOT:
- Assume human visitors will read your wording
content cover to cover (the only person who will
read every word on your website is you)
- Forget geographical keywords (if your market
is Melbourne, why compete for keywords with
companies from New York and Cape Town?)
- Use generic headings (eg. use Accounting
Services instead of just Services)
- Use search engine spamming techniques (such
as invisible text or link farms)
- Focus on the design and cosmetic effects to
the detriment of google ranking and speed of
What determines google ranking?
Your ranking (for any given keyword phrase) depends on
1. Phrases proximity to the search
- How close are your keywords to those being searched (keyword selection)
- How often do they occur on the page (keyword density)
- Where do they occur (keyword weight)
2. Site popularity
- How many links point to your site from the web?
- Weight of those links – relevance and ranking of linking sites
- Do not use link farms!
The most important part for you is to supply your
web designer with a well-thought list of keyword
phrases for which you want your website to rank, if
possible no more than ten, in priority order. The
best possible source of ideas for the right phrases
are your customers - simply ask them what would they
type into google when searching for your product or
Would you like to find out more?